|September 1, 2020|
Greetings from the CCCM Board.
We just wrapped up our first meeting and are energized for what the Spirit has in store for us this year. One of our first orders of business was to assign the executive roles within the board. The duties that accompany these roles are in addition to our elected roles and those we assume as members of a working board.
- Chrisandra Skipper – Chair & Central Rep
- Sr. Sue Kidd, CND – Treasurer & Atlantic Rep
- Ania Krysciak – Secretary & Member-At-Large
- Justin Beers – Central Rep
- Mona-Lee Feehan – Western Rep
- Bishop Daniel Miehm – Episcopal Liaison
The Board is also happy to share that Michael MacLean, our past president, has agreed to be present at our meetings this year as an invited guest. At our AGM in June, the motion to create a new role on the board for past chair was put forward. That discussion led to a larger one about our constitution. We have decided to take action on updating and legitimizing our constitution this year and ratifying it by our 2021 AGM at the latest.
At our meeting we established two overarching shared goals that we have for our organization this year. We will work toward 1. Building a Sustainable Model of Operation and 2. Building Membership Engagement. Our first goal of a Sustainable Operation Model will include our work on our constitution and fundraising. We have also established the need for us to accept an organizational model that does not have a national coordinator. That, of course, is still a goal of ours but is not our current reality.
As for our Membership Engagement, we are happy to report that there are good things coming for our members from our Global Connections and Evangelization and Discipleship Committees as well the CCSA Executive and our 2021 National Conference Hosts.
- Global Connections Committee is planning a virtual Justice Generation Event for this year.
- Evangelization and Discipleship Committee had a successful Round Table Summit at the beginning of August. The end result of that event comes in the form of a Consolidation Report including information, best practices, and gaps in knowledge on a number of topics gathered from the participants. That document is available on our website. They also have ongoing webinars planned throughout the year as well as a forum on Facebook for ongoing discussions. The first webinar is on October 2 at 1:00pm EDT about “Engaging Student Apathy.”
- CCSA are planning a conference for January 2021. They are still adjusting plans in light of Covid restrictions, but are committed to delivering something for our students.
- Our CCCM 2021 National Conference is being hosted by Kings University College. There are no decisions made about the model or delivery of the conference due to Covid, but there will be a conference with updates soon.
All that said, we invite you to become members of CCCM for the 2020-2021 year. You can access our membership form at this link. Our membership rates are the same as last year and payment information can be found on the membership form. Please submit your registration form and payment by September 30.
Our prayers are with you as you begin a new school year and you will continue to be in our prayers. The Board will continue to meet monthly on the third Wednesday of the month. If you have anything that you would like to bring to our attention, please feel free to reach out to one of us individually or to email@example.com.
Together in Christ,
Chrisandra Skipper and the 2020-2021 CCCM Board